The blogger community thrives on conversations. Most blogs allow readers to comment on their blog posts. They also allow you to put a link to your website URL somewhere. In addition to back links, blog comments can also show you off as a friendly person or even an expert.
Some blogs might add a no follow attribute to the links in blog comments. However, if the content of the comment is good, readers are quite likely to follow your link and land at your site. That means traffic.
How to Comment on Blogs
We start with how to comment on blogs, and then goes on to indicate the practices you should follow to produce noticeable results.
- You will typically find a form for comments at the bottom of blog posts. The form usually has boxes for your name, website URL and comment body. Fill up the form and submit it to comment on the blog post.
- Avoid putting a link to your site in the body of the comment. Insert them in the place provided for such links. Otherwise, your comment can get deleted.
- Considering that it is often your name that serves as the link back to your site, people often choose a name that is “keyword-rich”. This too can get you in the bad books of readers, the blogger and spam checking software.
- Make meaningful comments. A list of spam links, irrelevant keywords and obvious sales pitches only irritate readers and destroy your reputation.
- Select the blogs to comment on carefully. Commenting on inactive blogs and blogs with no traffic is a waste of your time. It is also better to select blogs that have some relevance to your product or service.
- Comment regularly on the blogs that pass the selection test. The more the number of comments, the more the back links to your site and the more the people who get to see you (on-line).
- Comment in person and not through blog-commenting services that depute robots to insert spam in all the comment forms. If you do use an outside service, make sure that their staff follows the rules above.
- You can also train your own staff to select suitable blogs and comment meaningfully on the posts.
Advantages of Blog Comments
You can comment not only on blog posts but also at forums. However, forums usually insist that you create an account, and log in every time you want to comment. This requires additional time and effort and your comment productivity will be much less.
On the other hand, if you make three or four meaningful comments every working day on a few popular, active and relevant blogs, you could:
- Create over a thousand back links in a year
- Get to be known as a helpful person in a community that can be interested in what you sell
- Get to know the members of that community and probably establish some fruitful relationships
- Get to know what people are talking about and their thinking, and align your offers and marketing efforts to these
Properly done, participation in the blog community can produce great results, over and above the SEO results.
|Do You Require Help with Blog Commenting?We at Hyaroo.com can provide full or part time staff to you to work on regular blog commenting. The staff person will work under your direction and control, at times indicated by you.
Alternatively, a sister concern webmarketreports.com can do the blog commenting on your behalf, at agreed rates depending on the volume of work involved.