It is the widget distributor who gains major viral traffic and SEO benefits. Web pages that install such distributed widgets can gain from the added value and get some increased traffic. Or increased revenue as from Google AdSense clicks (the AdSense code from Google that you install on your Web pages is a good example of a widget).
Web Widgets: A Closer Look
The content thus displayed can be context-sensitive ads from Google, an on-screen clock, stock market ticker, news ticker, current weather, flight arrival times, the latest joke, or any other thing of real or hoped-for value to the Web page reader. By installing the widget on your Web page, you are able to provide such value to your reader, without having to do the coding yourself.
The code can be an affiliate link where the merchant dynamically displays appropriate merchandise on your page. For example, Amazon might display a book that will be relevant to the topic of your page, or is the latest offer under a product category.
So far the emphasis was on Web pages that install widgets on their pages hoping to add value (and attract more visitors) or earn money. Let us now look at the potential of widgets to create viral traffic and search engine optimization.
Web Widgets for Viral Traffic and SEO
You create a Web widget and offer it to website owners for installing at their sites, free. Proceed as follows:
- Decide how you can provide some small thing of value, a thing that is also related in some way to your own product or service. Remember that people will install the widgets on their sites only if it offers some compelling value.
- Create a widget that provides this value. You can find widget creation tools at resources like http://www.widgetbox.com/ and others.
- Ensure that the widget helps your SEO efforts by containing keywords relevant to your business and linking back to your site (with keyword rich link text if possible).
- List your widget at the widgetbox site mentioned above, and promote it prominently at your website, highlighting how it provides value to those who download and install the code on their Web pages.
When other websites start installing the widget at their sites the following things happen:
- Interested people click through the widget to your website, bringing you traffic
- Other webmasters see it, and add the widget to their own sites provided your widget is compelling enough, thus spreading the traffic sources even further.
- The number of back links to your site increase by thousands.
That’s it. If you think you are up to the challenge, try it.
Want Help with Your SEO Efforts?
We at Hyaroo.comcan provide full or part time staff to you to work on your SEO efforts. The staff person will work under your direction and control, at times indicated by you.
Alternatively, a sister concern webmarketreports.com ccan conduct the SEO campaigns on your behalf, at agreed rates depending on the volume of work involved.