LearnDash is one of the most popular Learning Management Systems (LMS) for WordPress. This intuitive online solution enables you to create and sell online courses right from your WordPress site. LearnDash is used by several leading universities and entrepreneurs around the world.
Developed by a person who has actual experience in the e-learning sector, LearnDash is a feature-rich LMS. It uses custom post types to add courses, lessons, quizzes and the certificates. Therefore, the learning system works with any WordPress theme. You can extend the default features by purchasing premium extensions.
Now that you know what LearnDash can do for you, let’s take a quick look at its pros and cons.
- Unlimited courses and lessons
- Multimedia lessons
- Comes with certificate feature
- Course progress, grade tracking and student notifications
- Steep learning curve
- Abundance of options might confuse some users
- No file upload feature for the quizzes
LearnDash has two pricing packages. They are –
- Basic Package: Costs $99. Includes all features. Support and updates for 1 year.
- Full Package: Costs $129. Has all the benefits of basic package. Comes with ProPanel, a powerful reporting and assignment management system.
Is LearnDash Right for You?
Whether LearnDash is right for you or not depends on your requirements. If you are developing a fully featured online learning system for a large audience, LearnDash could be an excellent choice for you. You will also get professional email support and detailed guidance about setting up the system.
On the other hand, if you prefer simpler solutions, you can check out Sensei or WP Courseware.
LearnDash is an actively maintained and regularly updated learning management system. Besides educational institutions, you can also use it in non-profit organizations and training centers. Once you get used to the user interface, you will enjoy the power and flexibility it offers.
So, what do you think about LearnDash? Are you planning to use it in any of your next projects? Let me know by leaving a comment below.