Web Site Promotion Through Offshore Staffing is a Top Strategy
In this article, we look at how you can promote your website. You will find that Web site promotion is hard work. We suggest that it is better to focus on your business and get the website promotion work done by hiring offshore staff (available at lower costs).
Why Web Sites Need Active Promotion
Websites don’t get to the attention of Web surfers automatically. There are billions of websites out there and nobody will know that a new one has just set up shop, unless the new one is promoted effectively.
Somehow or other the new website must get links from sites that already have visitors. The visitors might then follow those links and land at the new website. (Whether they follow the links or not depends on how intriguing they find the description about the new site.)
That is website promotion for you. Get links from visited sites. Put up an intriguing description about your new site in those links. Looks easy?
NOT EASY, Getting Links is Hard Work
Getting links to your site is hard work. We look at some of the ways you get links to your site, and the kind of work involved:
- SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION: Search engine sites like Google, MSN, Yahoo and AOL are highly visited sites. Many people go to these sites to search for things they are interested in. If you can manage to get your sites on the first two or three pages of search results displayed when someone searches for your product or service, thousands of people might become aware of your site.
You manage to get to the top pages of search engine results by adding numerous pages that are “optimized” for words people use to search for your product or service. Finding the words searchers use, developing pages optimized for these words and adding more and more pages on a regular basis is hard work.
- ARTICLE MARKETING: You write informative articles about your product or service and distribute these articles to article directories. At the bottom of each article, you add a short “author bio” in which you introduce yourself and your business. You also provide a live link to your business website. Newsletter publishers and others can pick up these articles and they are obliged to include your author byline along with the article. Well-written articles with valuable information sought by many people can attract hundreds of links to your site.
- DIRECTORY SUBMISSION: Directories are a kind of websites that list other websites. Good directories classify the listed websites by their topics and sub-topics. In this way, they make it easy for visitors to find sites dealing with particular topics. Directories are typically human-edited and this can make for more sensible selection of the relationship between pages and the topics they discuss (unlike search engines’ software indexers). You submit your website, under appropriate topic/subtopic, to many directories.
- WRITING BLOGS: Blogs are supposed to be continually updated, and are easier to get indexed by search engines. Also, if you regularly post your views to your blog, there will soon be many posts that can attract search engine attention. Also, blog posts are typically more informal and personal, attracting higher visitor interest compared to product literature. All these reasons go to increase visitor activity at blog sites, and there are possibilites to put interesting links to your website on your blog posts.
- OTHER TACTICS: There are other link building tactics, such as participating in discussion forums and social sites like MySpace. And new avenues are emerging. Keeping track of these options, and utilizing them effectively, is real hard work.
Offshore the Hard Work and Focus on Your Business
You will notice that much of the work outlined above is routine work:
- Submitting your site to hundreds of directories, and doing it in a way that conforms to the directory guidelines, is sheer boredom. It can distract your attention from your business.
- Researching keywords, writing web pages, articles and blogs are also distracting work, though these are not all routine. If you can find a good agency that can attend to these reasonably well, you can focus on your business while the agency focuses on promoting your site in different ways.
- Keeping track of new promotional avenues is also an activity that require dedication and focus. If you try to focus on this work, you will most likely have to neglect your business to some extent.
The traditional option has been to outsource the work to an offshore agency. However, this can mean that you lose control over the work. On the other hand, by hiring offshore staff, you can retain control and yet enjoy the lower costs of offshoring. This can prove a high value strategy.